Friday, August 31, 2007

NYC - Wknd (Spartan break)

Ok, so its been a couple of days since I blogged, but its just been a bit busy (being SORE!! from the gym, etc.) I planned to work out last night but something I ate, or rather a combination of some things I ate yesterday put my stomach on lock. Nevertheless, I managed to write the prologue of my book and check out some clothing concepts for a new venture...stay tuned. A little about my book; well, it's fantasy fiction and I aim to rise to the stature of JK Rowling with my story, lets leave it atthat for now. But I definitely have to ge my grind on: Between workin out, working in general and 2 new business ventures to grow, I'm feelin the crunch. But I got a good team around me, we'll do it.

Today, I leave said team behind to journey to the city that never sleeps, New York. Although actually I'll be staying between Brooklyn and Bronx, but I'll definitely be hanging in the city. NYC is a special place for me, in some ways, I consider it my birthright. Its such a fun, energetic and diverse place; you can find anything for anybody, and the girls are very hot. One summer when I was working in NY, I would spend some of my wknds just walkin around Times Square, Penn Station, Broadway etc. and I almost twisted my neck off looking at the various, exotic, beautiful women. And anyone who knows me well knows I have a "weakness for sweetness."

This trip I plan to reconnect with some of my former co-worker/interns, hang with my 'foundation' friends and generally have a great and relaxing time. I definitely need to get away for a while and NYC is what the doctor ordered. But I still have my mission on my mind, I'm going to try to go the gym at least once over the long wknd, I hope my gym has a branch there. If not, I'm sure amongst all the friends I have there, SOMEbody has a gym link. Also, I recently gave up hard drinking while I train for Spartan Glory. With some determination and willpower, I'll only have water or juice when I go clubbing. If I break, maybe a 1 beer, but I'll try not to. So I'm signing off now, wish me a safe journey people and expect a blog with the rundown of what popped off up there. Ersk Out.

No comments: