Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Spartan Workout - Day 2

So, I just came from the gym where I spent the last hour and a half pushing my limits; feels good. My personal trainer is cool and we seem to have a good vibe going. I like the fact that he simply states what I should work on and have me execute but in a cool, calm way. I think I was expecting a real loud, boisterous kinda dude, but this guy is cool. According to him, I was the first guy in about 3 years that managed to do a set of 10 pull-ups without much hesitation or slacking. What do I do after a statement like that? I tell him he's BSing....heh. But he just reaffirmed calmy and went on to expound that he's seen people of many different body types who just didn't do the damn thing on the first attempt. Gotta say.....feels good. My goal for the day was to go in there and test my limits and push a little past them. I accomplished that.

Ok - Quick run down
25 mins on treadmill (str8!! - never did that b4)
chest set - 1 each flat and incline (lower and upper chest I think)
shoulder set - 1
pull ups set -1 (standing position)
push up set - 1 (triceps work-out, I think)
barbells (up n "clapping" over head and also regular curls)

That's all I remember, but basically a full body work-out. I told trainer, lets call him "Strents", exactly what my Spartan goals were and I'll say this work-out will definitely get me there.
So, all in all, Work-Out Day 2 was a great success. Since I started out this strong, all I have to do is maintain the momentum and determination.
"N- n- now th- that don't kill meCan only make me stronger..."
Incredible Ersk!!!